Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Kevin Harvick is Speeding to Success!


Five months ago Kevin Harvick was on the verge of jumping ship. Now he's close to leaping onto the stage at the Waldorf-Astoria as NASCAR's Nextel Cup champion. With his contract coming to an end after a seven-year relationship with Richard Childress Racing, Harvick was the most sought-after driver for the start-up Toyota teams -- and, for that matter, any top team. His team was in the midst of a reorganization that had yet to bear fruit, and it was time for Harvick, at 31 years old, to live up to the potential he had shown in RCR's dark days following the death of Dale Earnhardt at Daytona in 2001. (Continue)
_______________________________________________________________

OK...I have to admit that I don't know anything about Nascar. All I know is Dale Earnhardt. When I think of Nascar, his name just pops up into my head. I'm open to learning about all things so I won't form any opinions about car racing, or whatever. I just don't understand it now. I mean, what's the big deal about people wrecklessly driving around a track? That ish is dangerous! When I haul ass in my car, I get a ticket BUT these people do it and get paid. AND not only that, they get the title of 'athlete.' I just get the title of 'speed demon' and my broke ass is left with a ticket to pay. Either way, that's the beauty of America. We will call ANYTHING a sport, and ANYBODY an athlete. If I happen I get pulled over for speeding again, I'll just tell Officer Pig that I'm training for the Daytona 500.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kevin Harvick is sooo cute!