Friday, September 15, 2006

Come On Ladies!!!!

I'm so excited! The NBA women are 3-0 in the preliminary round at the FIBA World Championship. I don't want to speak too soon, and I'm defintely knocking on wood b/c when I posted about the men being undefeated, they lost the next game. **crosses fingers**

(former UCONN standout Diana Taurasi)

__________________________________________________________________
Tina Thompson scored 19 points and Candace Parker added 17 as the U.S. clinched first place in Group C with a 90-80 victory over Russia in the FIBA Women's World Championship. DeLisha Milton-Jones added 14 points and eight rebounds for the U.S., the defending two-time champions who improved to 3-0, with all its victories coming by double digits....The U.S. will meet Cuba in the second round Saturday afternoon. (INFO)
___________________________________________________________________

Hopefully, the next post will be about them winning the gold. I can't express the way I feel about women athletics (especially basketball). The differences in men's and women's basketball (collegiate and professional) are so huge. You'd think that they were two totally different sports. I feel like the WNBA is on the rise though. There are so many phenominal athletes in the WNBA, and there're some ladies in college who are just amazing to watch. The days of the "traditional" aspect of basketball played by women are fading. Ladies are dunking and just killing on the court in all facets of the game. OF course I could go on and on about this but I won't. I just want the ladies to keep ballin' and represent the WNBA and the United States well!

No comments: