Friday, September 22, 2006

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well, looks like my ladies won't be bringing home any gold either. ______________________________________________________________________
Three weeks after the men settled for bronze at their world championships, the U.S. women will be relegated to a similar result at best. Russia beat the two-time defending champion United States 75-68 in the semifinals of the women's world championships on Thursday night. Now, the Americans will need to beat host Brazil on Saturday to match the men.
"It's going to be hard, knowing that we're not going to be playing for the gold medal," forward Sheryl Swoopes said. "I think everybody is disappointed, from the coaching staff, the players, everybody here. But I know that nobody wants to go home without a medal. Even though that's not going to be gold, not going to be silver, I don't want to go home empty-handed."
The loss snapped the United States' 26-game winning streak in this event. (ESPN)
___________________________________________________________________
Damn those Russians!! I was really pullin' for them. I don't have anything negative to say. I still stand by my beliefs that these ladies grind much harder than most men in the NBA. They do a lot for less.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is the women's international bball rules different like the men's? And if they are, does that make a big difference like it does in the men's game?

Anonymous said...

^^^Don't know if it's different. I would assume that some of the rules aren't exactly the same as they are over here.