Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Michael Jordan Agrees with Me!!!



Or maybe I agree with him. Moving on....ok, I gave the NBA showboats such a hard time after the whole Broze medal thing. AND I don't regret a damn word of it. I stand by my beliefs even stronger now that I know that Michael Jordan feels the same way as I do!!! Great minds really do think alike, LOL. MJ says that Europeans have "mastered the fundamentals" of basketball (I've said this for years), and also stated that:

"In the United States, we're too focused on the highlights, dunks and passes. It's not that we don't have the players we need, but putting together a team becomes difficult under these conditions." (Which I've also stated for years) (YAHOO)

He thinks that it would be a good idea to add European teams to the NBA (I haven't said that at all, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea). The NBA Commish said that a conference of Euro teams is at least another 10 years in the making, and depends on a city's willingness to build a mutli-million dollar stadium. Whatever. In other words, it'll never happen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well all I can say is MJ does it again. No one else would dare say that the Euro players have cought up with us. As much as it hurts me to say it we are no longer better than them in basketball. Man that hurt,like I said before and yes I'm saying it again. We need to beg that's right beg the best players in the game that are All- Stars every year. You know those guys who will probably be Hall of Famers, to play from now on. Or just keep coming up short.

Spicy Salsa said...

Of course no one wants to say Euro players are better b/c in the US we judge based on flashiness. When it comes to all that alley--oop garbage and "in your face" style of basketball, we are the best. And that's not a good thing.

Spicy Salsa said...

^^^LOL!!! I like it, I think it captures the esscence of the man known as MJ....My bf said the same thing.

Unknown said...

I think it's pretty obvious the Europeans are catching up, if not soon passing us. Just look at the names in the draft. A lot of the best players in the league are foreign now, and really, I'm kind of happy about it. I love the USA, but I like the Europeans game better.

Spicy Salsa said...

Yeah his complexion does make him look a little "wino-ish" on that picture. I was totally being sarcastic. MY bf hates it 2.