Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Isiah Thomas Has His Panties in a Wad...



If you say something negative about Isiah Thomas, please be prepared for him to never forget about it. On draft night (2006), TV analyst and former Knick Greg Anthony, basically blasted him for taking a lesser known player high in the draft. Renaldo Balkman (formerly of South Carolina) was taken as the 20th pick overall and EVERYBODY (including Balkman), was like WTF??? Knicks fans even booed Isiah for this decision. I must admit, I didn't understand it either. I'm actually familiar with Balkman (I'm all about Southeastern Conference athletics), and thought that he was a really good college player. HOWEVER, he wasn't a starter, and he left school a year early. I say that no matter how good he is when he works out with your team, you should sign him as a free agent. AT best, take him in the 2nd round. I guess that's why I don't get paid the big bucks, lol. This is what the Knicks' head coach had to say:

"This so-called former Knick, on draft night with millions of people watching, had the audacity to take me to task on a player that I'm pretty sure he had never seen before in his life....But he stands on national television and talks about a kid he has absolutely no idea about. I'm just glad that all of New York doesn't think like Greg Anthony.....Greg Anthony should never ever be in a position to question myself on anything about basketball. "I do remember the kind of player he was. I'll leave it at that...This is between Greg and I. The things he said on draft night ... after all the good solid work we had done in the draft ... for him to take that position he took ... I thought he was way way way out of bounds...I just thought he was very unfair to the Knicks organization.It would be different had he not worn a Knick uniform. But for a guy who claims to have been a Knick, to treat the Knicks the way he treated us that night ... I know a Piston would never do that. A Celtic would never do that. A Laker would never do that. It wouldn't happen. It just goes to show you what we're dealing with." (SI.com)
From what I understand, he bitched about this for what seemed to be forever. He even went so far as to insult this man's game. I bet he was that kid who ran off with his ball whenever he didn't win.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I have to say Isiah is crazy for going off about Greg Anthony saying what he said about that dumb ass draft pick he made on draft night.Greg Anthony played for the Knicks not his entire career so why does he think he should have some loyalty.Trust me Greg wasn't the only person that thinks drafting Renaldo Balkman with a 1st round pick was crazy.Everybody thinks so except Isiah how hasn't won shit as a coach and Gm or whatever he is.

Spicy Salsa said...

^^^ I agree. I don't know how or why he picked Greg Anthony to go off on. No one understood that decision. I guess he had to take his little frustrations out on somebody. I bet he's working extra hard to make Balkman out to be a great player so he can feel like he'll get the last laugh.

Unknown said...

Excuse the language, but I fucking hate Isiah Thomas. Seriously, I wish pain and misery on this son of a bitch. He's nothing but a whiny piece of shit.

Anonymous said...

Point taken Smiles I never liked him either. He really sealed the deal on what kind of person he was when him and his teammates walked off the floor before the games was over against the Bulls that year they finally beat them. Remember that? Needless to say Isiah has been a lil bitch.

Unknown said...

I remember that, and I remember him freezing the ball away from Jordan in his first all-star game, and I remember him always trying to get mentioned in the same breath as Jordan, Bird, and Magic, and I remember him sinking the CBA to nothing.

And then he wonders why he wasn't on the Dream Team. Cause he fucked with Jordan one too many times and said it's either me or him. Guess who won?

And his general "I'm a Prick" aura probably cost him his job in Indiana when Bird fired his dumb ass.

Just to make it clear, I really hate Isiah Thomas.