Friday, October 27, 2006

Don't F*** With Mutombo....


Dikembe Mutombo, who I consider an angel, is no bad boy, but apparently if you "diss" his race he'll get in your ass. Yesterday the Rockets faced the Magic in a preseason matchup in Orlando (Rockets lost). During the third quarter, a fan thought it'd be a great idea to scream a few racial slurs at him. Mutombo yelled back at the man and gestured back. The idiot (the fan that is) was ejected, and no action was taken against Mutombo. Mutombo had this to say:
I am not going to take that. He was insulting my race, my family, my integrity. For him to call me a monkey ... that should not happen today. If I get fined, I will go straight into the stands the next time.

I ain't even mad at him. These men don't play basketball to take all the unnecessary shit from the people in the stands. What ever happened to screaming, "You're stupid...You can't shoot...My grandmother plays better defense than you?" Are the days of the innocent heckling over? I hate angry fans. If he wanted to yell at someone, he should've been taking out his anger on Grant Hill's broke down ass for still taking up space on the Magic's roster. AND how the hell can you be a fan of any NBA team, and be racist??? Isn't every player in the NBA, expect for Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash, black???

No comments: