Monday, August 13, 2007

It's Not Looking too Good for Vick...


I feel bad saying that I feel bad for Michael Vick. Everybody has their opinion(s) about his situation, so I'll keep mine to myself. I think it's a bit harsh how the hardcore animal lovers in the world think that he should be cruxified though! Don't get me wrong, I think that his crime is serious but damn....he can't get a break. If I was Mike Vick, I'd run away to Tijuana and really become the Ron Mexico who he's pretended to be for so long.
With two more co-defendants distancing themselves from Michael Vick, the
embattled Falcons quarterback was considering on Monday whether to accept a
plea agreement for his alleged role in a dogfighting operation. Sources told ESPN's Kelly Naqi that Vick attorneys Larry Woodward and Billy Martin met with federal prosecutor Michael Gill and the investigators on Monday afternoon. The attorneys planned to speak with the quarterback in the evening to see what direction he wants to go in. That comes on the heels of news that co-defendants Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips are scheduled to appear in federal court in Richmond at the end of the week and are expected to accept their own plea agreements.
(ESPN)

May this be a lesson to all of the young dumb athletes who are obsessed with "keeping it real." Keeping it real is telling your broke cousins and homeboys to kiss your ass when they suggest your involvement in activity that could risk your career. In most cases, keeping it real is forgetting their names the second after you get drafted. I'm sure that Mike Vick looked out for the same "friends" who're now coping pleas. It doesn't look to me like they're looking out for him at all. I don't care how sincere you think are to a person, when you're flirting with prison time, sincerity goes out the window (I'd rat out my mama to avoid going to the big house...I'm too pretty. Those dyke hoes would have a field day with me, lol). I guess Michael Vick just had to find that out the hard way.

No comments: