Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tim Hardaway Hates Gay People...




You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States." ....When asked if he would accept an active player's coming out, such as that of retired NBA center John Amaechi, Hardaway replied: "First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team....."And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that's right. And you know I don't think he should be in the locker room while we're in the locker room. I wouldn't even be a part of that," he said.

**smh** Being black, I hate it when other black people say that they hate a certain kind of person. How can you say that "I hate gay people" when you don't know them all? Just like I can't understand a white person who "hates black people" when that's just impossible as far as I'm concerned. If you don't agree with homosexuality because of religious purposes, that's understandable. BUT to be homophobic is stupid , and I don't get it. I could at least admire his honesty, but (just like everybody who publically says dumb shit) he later apologized. What an ignorant man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is an idiot!! Why would he say that? HATE is such a strong word.