Monday, April 30, 2007
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Not to the surprise of many, Jamarcus Russell was taken first by the Oakland Raiders (then they turn around and trade Randy Moss). BUT to the surprise of all, Brady Quinn and his "what the f*uck" face was taken 22nd by the....um....Browns I think. I'm sure nobody saw that coming, including Quinn. Surely he would've watched the draft with his gal from the confines of their home if he had expected that.
I won't re-cap the entire draft because...it's pointless. So in closing I'd like to say, Go Detroit for drafting that fine ass former Georgia Tech eye candy Calvin Johnson!
Friday, April 27, 2007
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
The Grand PrizeOne grand-prize winner will receive:
- Airfare and transportation for the winner and a guest to London, England
- Hotel accommodations
- Spending money
- The opportunity to meet Serena and watch her play a match in Wimbledon, England!
First PrizesFour first-prize winners will receive:
- One Wilson® tennis racquet autographed by Serena
- One Wilson® tennis bag and tennis gear
- Nike® tennis apparel
- DayQuil® Sinus and NyQuil® Sinus products
Hey, the grand prize winner gets to take a guest so if you win...holla atcha girl!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
In Juanita news...
I was also browsing Mediatakeout today and supposedly Juanita has bounced back already! Her alleged new guy is a 29 year old (that would make him about 15 yrs younger than her) investment banker from the Chicago branch of Credit Suisse. What a lucky guy...he gets to help her spend those $250 mill that she'll be getting soon. He should send Black Stallion a thank you card!
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
I happen to be a new Baron Davis supporter since I saw the footage of him working the drive thru at McDonald's. That was hilarious to me and it showed that he's a really good sport. HOWEVER, I'm not a fan of his facial hair. Baron Davis turned 28 and had a party over the weekend. He doesn't look 20 anything on this picture.
Friday, April 13, 2007
I used to be a HUGE Dominique Dawes fan back in the day. I can't remember what year it was when she, Dominique Moceanu, and those other girls were killin' gymnastics at the Olympics (I think it was like '96). I watched every time they performed. Dominique Dawes was a beast on the Uneven Bars!
Thursday, April 12, 2007
5. Matt Leinart, Arizona Cardinals
Who is David Beckham?: David Beckham reminds me of a guy who secretly likes black girls. I knew a few of those in college. They wouldn't say a word to you in class, but when you saw them drunk at a party they'd let you know how beautiful they think you are over and over again.
Al Horford, Florida Gators
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
"These young ladies before you are valedictorians, future doctors, musical prodigies. These young ladies are the best this nation has to offer and we are so very fortunate to have them at Rutgers. They are young ladies of class, distinction. They are articulate. They are gifted."She went on to say..."but some of these hoes do have nappy heads." (just kidding!!!!!)
Thursday, April 05, 2007
Jack Tatum (Oakland Raiders) was the man who paralyzed him. He and Stingley NEVER reconciled after the paralyzing incident. Ironically, in 2003 Tatum lost a leg to amputation because of complications with diabetes. He now gets around either with a prosthetic leg or via wheelchair...like Stingley got around for the majority of his life. Here're a few interesting facts about the Stingley and Tatum:
- Tatum, the former Oakland Raiders safety who in the late 1970s was one of the most feared men in football, had lost his left leg below the knee in April as a result of complications from diabetes and now was suffering from an arterial blockage that might cost him the lower part of his right leg.
- Tatum wrote a book ['They Call Me Assassin'] and in it he said he went out there to hurt and maim people. Stingley was really hurt by what he said.
- After paralyzing Stingley, Tatum made the statement, "I thought it was just a good football play. I hit him with my head and shoulder. I was just trying to do my job. It's unfortunate but it happens." As unfortunate as it was, he never offered an apology or even spoke with Stingley.
- A few years ago, representatives of Tatum proposed a reconciliation with Stingley to be televised on Fox. Stingley was all for it until late Globe sportswriter Will McDonough called and told him Tatum was coming out with a new book and wanted to use the interview to boost sales.
- Stingley once said: "If he called me today, I'd answer. If he came to my house, I'd open my door to him. All I ever wanted was for him to acknowledge me as a human being. I just wanted to hear from him if he felt sorry or not. It's not like I'm unreachable. But it's not a phone call I'll be waiting for anymore." (Thirdside.org)
I don't know if it was the "macho-ism" of Tatum or if he just didn't givva damn, but that's real f**cked up! I know that he didn't owe him anything, but a "hey dawg, my bad" would've been nice. Hopefully he's sorry in his heart. Darryl Stingley sounds like he was a stand up guy. May he Rest In Peace.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
(Candace Parker) ................(Nem)
Pat Summitt is PAID!!! If I'm not mistaking, she's the highest paid coach in WBB and damn it she deserves it!! Her Lady Vols won the National Championship last night (against Rutgers), and this makes her seventh career title! She's been coaching at Tennessee since Martin Luther King was a baby (by the way today marks the 39th anniversary of his assassination...keep RIP Dr. Kang), and she's had successful team after team over the years. Congratulations to Pat Summitt, Candance Parker, and nem.